I. OVERVIEW/ INTRODUCTION
“Live to share, live to love” is the slogan and also the motto of action of BETOAJI, known as HUONG VI VIET, a charitable group.
BETOAJI was founded and has been developed by a group of Vietnamese students, who are studying and working in Tokyo and the nearby areas since November 18th 2012. Betoaji’s activities base on voluntary participation of its members, in order to introduce the Vietnamese natural beauty and cultural heritage to Japanese friends in particular as well as other foreigner friends. All interests made by the group will be used for charitable purposes. Currently, BETOAJI has been supporting poor children in the North West of Vietnam to have better conditions for living and studying. Starting from the program “Sharing Viet-flavors, Gathering love”, - Vietnamese cuisine class for Japanese and international friends, the group has now diversified its fundraising activities to enable better support for the development of Vietnamese underprivileged children in different ways.
II.1. Executive Board
The executive board, including the permanent members, is responsible for the vision and operational plans of BETOAJI. It works on the principle of consensus and division of tasks among members.
Structure of the executive board:
- General manager/key member
- Members in charge of foreign affairs and information
- Members in charge of finance and accounting
- Members in charge of specific activities
Eligibility of a board member:
- Must be an active volunteer (participate in at least two thirds of the activities of BETOAJI within the last 6 months 3, be active in contributing ideas and opinions for the group’s activities);
- Can be a self-candidate or be introduced by the members of the executive board;
- Must be approved by at least two thirds of the members of the current executive board.
Decision of the Executive Board: The decision of the executive board must be agreed by at least two thirds of the board members.
A supporter is a person who has participated, companioned, or supported BETOAJI materially as well as spiritually.
III. Charity activities
III.1. BETOAJI is the companion of the program “Only rice is not enough” in Vietnam
So far, we have been directly supporting 41 kindergarten children in Trung Thu village, Tua Chua District, Dien Bien province with 120, 000 VND per child per month.
This sponsorship is for improving their meal conditions and learning equipments. In the future, we hope to increase the numbers of sponsored children as well as sponsor schools.
III.2. Other charity activities
We are also in association in other practical charity programs to support Vietnamese children, including:
Book donation program in rural areas
Children’s free dental care program in distant areas
Operation smile program. (Free dental surgery program)
Free heart surgery program
Golden heart Fund, Lao Dong newspaper
IV. FUNDRAISING AND PROMOTION ACTIVITIES.
IV.1. Operation of cooking class and Introducing Vietnamese cuisine
• Conducting of monthly cooking class and introducing Vietnamese culture on the aspect of cuisine.
• Offering instructors of Vietnamese cuisine on demand.
• Supplying traditional Vietnamese dishes in community events on request.
• Vietnamese food processing and selling.
IV.2. Online shop
BETOAJI operates the online shop to provide Japanese products with high quality and affordable prices to customers in Vietnam by volunteers. Through BETOAJI online shop, our sponsors in Vietnam can easier and further support us.
IV.3. Introducing Vietnamese culture and history
BETOAJI offers instructors of Vietnamese history and culture in Vietnamese, English and Japanese on request.
IV.4. Vietnamese class
We hope to operate Vietnamese class for Vietnamese children living in Japan and elementary Vietnamese for requested Japanese.
IV.5. Call for donations and sponsors
BETOAJI are calling for the contributions from individuals and organizations via the program “Only rice is not enough” and directly in BETOAJI events.
IV.6. Public relations and other activities
We have been exchanging with others organizations and groups such as VYSA (Vietnamese Youths and Students Association in Japan) and BEGIN.
V. INFORMATION AND IDENTIFICATION MANAGEMENT
• Official news about BETOAJI has to be approved by the executive broad before being public.
• Using “BETOAJI” for personal employment or other activities rather than those organized by BETOAJI are prohibited.
• The information about BETOAJI has to be accurate. Providing improper information about BETOAJI which causes misapprehension and affects the reputation are prohibited.
• BETOAJI members have the right to specify being members of BETOAJI on their profiles (if desired).
VI. Treatment when violating the regulations
Members when violating the regulations are all treated. Treatment form and level will be determined by the management board.
VII.1. Regulation of the cooking class
Obeying seriously the following rules in the cooking class:
Gathering on time
Dressing in a pleasingly tidy manner
Being better to wear “AO DAI” for women
Wearing apron and name card
Introducing yourself as a volunteer at the beginning of the class
Accomplishing your duty in the class
Manipulating carefully in order to keep yourself and others safe (keep from cutting yourself, exploding gas)
- Tidying up until the end of the class
- Attending the experience-drawing meeting after the class
- Not trying to come to the class when you are ill (cough, have a running nose, have diarrhoea, etc)
VII. 2. Regulation of online business in detail (Betoaji-Shop)
- Any member who wants to post notes, goods on timeline of Betoaji-shop needs the admins permission.
- Do not use the capacity of Betoaji-shop for the purpose of personal benefit.
- Members of Betoaji-Shop should actively promote, give comments and support for the operation of Betoaji-shop.
VII.3. Regulation of the patronage of the underprivileged children
- A volunteer can be a sponsor a child with the support at 500 JPY/month x10 times in one year. The money will be transferred to the fund of BETOAJI and then help the children via volunteers of BETOAJI and “COM CO THIT” - “Only Rice Is Not Enough” program in Vietnam.
- A volunteer can be the sponsor for unlimited number of children with.
- BETOAJI will provide information about children whom a volunteer helps.
Tokyo, February 24th, 2013.
“Live to share, live to love” is the slogan as well as the motto of BETOAJI Charitable Organization. “BETOAJI is the abbreviation of “Betonamu-no-aji” in which means Vietnamese flavor Japanese. BETOAJI was founded in 18th November, 2012 by expatriate Vietnamese studying and working in Japan. The ultimate goals of BETOAJI are:
(1) To introduce the natural beauty and cultural heritage of Vietnam to the World, especially to Japanese friends.
(2) To devote and contribute to charity and social activities towards underprivileged children in Vietnam.
About Cultural and Fundraising activities:
About charity and social activities:
BETOAJI welcome all the support and passion of our friends around the world. Take our hand and come with us. We will give our best to fulfill our mission for a better Viet Nam.
BETOAJI in Japan
Phone: 080 3799 1608 (English, Vietnamese: Nguyen Thanh Binh)
080 4164 9776 (Japanese: Pham Duy Tai).
Bank Account: ゆうちょ銀行 口座、記号： 10110、番号： 27900091
名前： ベトアジ フォンヴィヴィエット
BETOAJI in Vietnam
Attention: Nguyen Thu Hong
Address: No. 18, Cu Chi Street, Nha Trang City, Vietnam.
Phone: 058-3544177 Fax: 058-3544 178
Cell phone: 012-0706-6482 (English, Vietnamese)
Bank Account: Vietcombank 0061000632833
“Live to share, live to love” is slogan and also motto of the charity nonprofit group-BETOAJI-The Vietnamese Taste. Through this website, we aim to share with you the updating information and pictures about BETOAJI, the enrollment of cooking classes held monthly at BETOAJI branches as well as learn about and participate in social and charity activities that we have been developing. With the continuous update, we hope this site will become a useful bridge between you and BETOAJI. Hopefully, BETOAJI will endlessly receive your trust, support, and company on the way to gather and share our love.
Please help BETOAJI widening by introducing to your friends this site!
BETOAJI-HUONG VI VIET